Whoo hoo. Look at me getting fancy. First cardboard coasters then fabric and now, leather. Next up, stainless steel and jadeite by this time next year.
Make these and your glasses will thank you for the new kicks.
You will need:
Leather (or Fabric will work, just be mindful of fraying)
Contact Glue (other glues may work too)
Old coaster (or circular shape) – use as a guide
1. Using circular guide, trace circle on leather and cut out.
2. Place leather circle on cork and cut BUT make sure you leave some room around the edges. You don’t have to be perfect here. You will cut off excess cork after you glue the two materials together.
3. Apply contact glue to the back of leather circle and to the cork circle. Allow to cure (fancy way of saying let it sit)
4. Put glued sides together (leather to cork) and press. I recommend you take a glass and roll out any bubbles.
5. Cut off excess cork.
5. Optional: Stamp with a design. Branded coasters sound so cool. Would also make a great gift!